The International Campus of Zhejiang University(iZJU) is a prominent and key initiative of one of China’s top universities, Zhejiang University. Up to date, iZJU has set up three leading joint institutes, namely the ZJU-UoE Institute (jointly with the University of Edinburgh), the ZJU-UIUC Institute (jointly with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), and the Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS). The eleven international research centers of iZJU have built strong partnership with over 30 top universities and research institutions across the world. To address the challenges faced by the human race, research and innovation at iZJU focuses on interdisciplinary frontiers of health, carbon peak and neutrality, AI+ digital health etc.
With the strong endorsements on the local and national governmental level, iZJU has secured sustained resources from government and industry and proudly offers our faculty members the following unrivalled package:
- Independent academic promotion systems in line with international practice；
- Joint appointment opportunities with partner institutions (UIUC & UoE) and departments and affiliated hospitals across ZJU；
- Support for application of external funding and availability of match-funding.
- Generous start-up research funding according to the discipline;
- State-of-the-art facilities for ground-breaking research;
- Ample lab space offered by the local government and iZJU;
- Vigorous support for recruitment of PhD student and postdoctoral fellows;
- Best cohorts of undergraduate and graduate students in China.
- Internationally competitive salary;
- Strong support to families, including support with enrollment of children in schools of choice;
- Fully furnished apartment available to rent;
- On-campus Hainshire Township/apartment purchase at a preferential rate.
Benefits of Working @ iZJU:
- Picturesque campus with convenient transportation to Shanghai and Hangzhou (30 min with inter-city train);
- Strong international and bilingual work environment, with 49.5% of our faculty being non-Chinese citizens;
- Leading IT support and application systems (Peoplesoft, Blackboard, etc)
- Free access to first-class sport facilities (gym, swimming pool, tennis court etc.);
- Situated in Haining, a city at the heartland of the most innovative and upcoming zones in China, bustling with gourmets and activities, and rich in cultural heritage and many natural sights.
To further expand and continue our ongoing excellence, the institutes/schools of iZJU are now inviting applications for tenure-track/tenure positions at all ranks. We are particularly keen to hear from highly motivated candidates who can appreciate an international, interdisciplinary, supportive, and collaborative campus culture.
- Zhejiang University-University of Edinburgh Institute (ZJE)
Preferred specializations: Stem cells, aging and regenerative medicine, infection and immunology, cancer and oncology, bioinformatics, and other biomedical areas.
- Zhejiang University- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Institute (ZJUI)
Preferred specializations: Computer science, AI, electrical and electronic, robotics, new energy, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, transportation engineering, physics and mathematics science disciplines, and other engineering areas.
- Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS)
Preferred specializations: Fintech and Big data analytics, insurance and risk management, leadership and organizational behavior, operations and supply chain management, marketing, etc.
How to Apply
Positions remain open until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (with contact information), a complete curriculum vitae, teaching, and research statement, and 3 contact information of referees by email. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by relevant institute.
ZJE: Ms. Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 571 87572819
ZJUI: Ms. Gou at email@example.com, +86 571 8757 2520
ZIBS: Ms. Zhu at firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 571 87572366
For more information, please visit https://www.intl.zju.edu.cn/en