The International Campus, Zhejiang University is now hiring academic instructors to work at the Language Center.
Post Description & Responsibilities
• Location: Haining, Zhejiang Province, China
• Term: 2 years, starting from Spring semester, 2023
• Workload: 40 hours/week, including 15-16 teaching hours/week
• Teaching a variety of content-based classes including literature, creative writing, intercultural communication, newspaper reading, etc.
• Organizing events, activities and workshops to create an encouraging language learning environment and to enhance students' motivation in learning English
Remuneration and benefit
• Highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications
• Annual round-trip flight tickets
• Fully furnished apartment for rent
• Medical insurance
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Essential
• Experience of the higher education system - as student and/or as staff (required for this recruitment round)
• Master's degree in TESOL/Applied Linguistics (or equivalent), or Cambridge ESOL DELTA
• English as native language, or equivalent English language proficiency
• At least three years' experience in English language teaching at university level
• Experience in teaching English for academic purposes
• Confidence in analyzing language learning and academic performance, and in giving clear and constructive feedbacks on students' spoken and written work
• Ability to work in a team, and to teach and assess to agreed criteria
• Experience in teaching in China
• Experience in teaching English for STEM subjects
• Experience tin teaching rhetoric/composition courses
• Experience in EAP curriculum and materials development
• Experience in innovative use of technology to support teaching and learning
Conditions of Employment
The contract of employment will be held with ZJU International Campus and the appointment and conditions will be governed by the employment laws of China and the policies and practices of Zhejiang University.
To apply, please email the following documents to Lingling@intl.zju.edu.cn:
• CV that lists teaching experience, major research awards and honors, publications, history of research funding and mentorship
• scanned copies of relevant degrees/diplomas, transcripts, and teaching certificates
• a recommendation letter from current or recent employer (if this is not feasible, please provide names of referees who could be contacted at interview/offer stage)
Only successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview. Interviews will be conducted in person or via video online. Recruitment decisions are made by a committee， taking into account the application and the needs of the role.