The International Campus of Zhejiang University (iZJU) was established in 2016 as the major internationalization initiative of Zhejiang University, one of China’s top universities. To date, iZJU has set up three leading institutes, namely the ZJU-UoE Institute (jointly with the University of Edinburgh), the ZJU-UIUC Institute (jointly with the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign), and the Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS). The Campus is now led by a team of high-profile academicians from different countries including China, Singapore, Australia, and the UK. Among more than 200 members of its full-time and adjunct faculty, over 40% are from outside China. With international and inter-disciplinary as the two overarching features, iZJU has set up eleven research centers who have built strong partnerships with over 30 top universities and research institutions across the world.
To further expand and continue our ongoing excellence, the institutes/school of iZJU are inviting applications for tenure-track/tenured positions at all ranks. Positions are also available for research fellows and postdoctoral fellows. We are particularly keen to hear from highly motivated candidates who will contribute to our international, interdisciplinary, supportive, and collaborative campus culture.
- Zhejiang University-University of Edinburgh Institute (ZJE)
Recruiting Areas: Cellular Biology and Signaling (CBS)，Regeneration and Cell Therapy (RCT)，Biomedical Systems and Informatics (BSI) Infection Immunity and Cancer (IIC)
- Zhejiang University- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Institute (ZJUI)
Recruiting Areas: Multidisciplinary research in broad program themes of Engineering Sciences, including Devices and Applied Materials, Data and Information, Energy, Environment, and Sustainable Systems
- Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS)
Recruiting Areas: Digital Innovations (Big Data Business Analytics, Fintech, Digital Transformation)
With a strong endorsement from the local and national governments, iZJU has secured sustained resources and proudly offers our faculty members the following highly competitive package:
- Joint appointment opportunities with partner institutions (UIUC & University of Edinburgh) as well as schools and affiliated hospitals across ZJU;
- An independent academic promotion system in line with international practice;
- An open and vibrant innovation ecosystem integrating science, education, industry, and the city of Haining.
- Ample lab space and generous start-up research funding offered by the local government and iZJU;
- State-of-the-art facilities for ground-breaking research;
- Quota for the recruitment of PhD students and postdoctoral fellows;
- Support for application of external funding and availability of matching funds.
Renumeration and Benefits:
- Internationally competitive salary to guarantee a high-standard life;
- Strong support to families including enrollment of children in schools of choice and assistance in job-seeking for spouse;
- Fully furnished apartment available to rent; Or a high-end on-campus township/apartment to purchase at a preferential rate.
- Picturesque campus with convenient and fast transportation to Shanghai and Hangzhou;
- International and bilingual work environment for our faculty with over 40% being non-Chinese and over 95% having previous international work or study experience;
- Established IT infrastructure and support;
- Free access to high-quality sports facilities including gyms, swimming pool, tennis courts, squash etc.;
- Situated in Haining, a city at the heartland of the most innovative and upcoming zones in China, bustling with gourmets and activities, and rich in cultural heritage and many natural sights.
How to Apply
Positions remain open until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (with contact information), a complete curriculum vitae, teaching, and research statement, and the contact information of 3 referees by email. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by relevant institute.
ZJE: Ms. Yang, firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 571 87572816
ZJUI: Ms. Gou, email@example.com, +86 571 87572520
ZIBS: Ms. Zhu, , +86 571 87572366
For more information, please visit