Top academic reputation
Superb research ecology
Diverse campus culture
Competitive remuneration and benefits
@ International Campus, Zhejiang University
01 Program Introduction
The Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Overseas) was established in 2021. The Program aims to attract and encourage outstanding young scholars from overseas (including non-Chinese foreign scholars) who have made achievements in natural science, engineering and technology to carry out innovative research in their own choice of research direction in China.
1. Compliance with the laws and regulations of China; having good research ethics, and being a good practitioner of the spirit of science.
2. Born after Jan 1, 1982 (inclusive).
3. A PhD degree in relevant areas.
4. Doing research in the field of life science, engineering or information etc.
5.Having obtained a formal teaching or research position in an overseas university, research institution, or corporate R&D institution, and worked for more than 36 consecutive months before April 15, 2022. For those who have obtained a doctorate degree overseas and have particularly outstanding performance, the limitation of work experience may be appropriately relaxed.
6.Having obtained achievements of scientific research or technology recognized by peer experts and with the potential to become an academic leader or outstanding talent in related field.
7. Having not yet returned to work in China on a full-time basis, or returned/came to work in China after Jan 1, 2021. The applicant must resign from the overseas work or have no work overseas after being notified of the grant of funding and return (come) to work in China full-time for at least 3 years.
8. Restrictions by the related ministries or departments on the number of national talent program or grant each scholar can undertake apply.
03 Work and Living Conditions at the International Campus, ZJU
- Academic environment: Enjoying the top academic reputation of Zhejiang University, open and inclusive research environment and international education conditions built by a collegial internationalized faculty.
- Career development: A tenure-track position of Zhejiang University; Potential joint appointment of our partnering universities (University of Edinburgh, UIUC etc.) after evaluation.
- Remuneration and benefits: Annual salary starting from 500,000 RMB Yuan in line with qualifications, plus benefits.
- Research support: Start-up fund from 4 million RMB Yuan (including grant by NSFC in line with qualifications, plus strong support for allocation of doctor/master students and postdoctoral recruitment quota. A bilingual campus with international efficient administrative and service structure.
- Housing arrangement: Rental of fully furnished apartment, or purchase of an on-campus Hainashire townhouse/apartment.
- Other support: Enrollment of children in preferred local schools, and assistance in seeking employment opportunities for spouse. Fine medical services provided by the two branch sections of the affiliated hospitals of ZJU in the neighborhood.
04 How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a PDF document with personal profile, study and work experience, main academic achievements, research projects granted, as well as publications, patents, and awards by March 4, 2022. Send the application to the corresponding institute. Please put “2022 Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas) Fund” in the “subject” line. Contact information is listed below.
We will contact eligible applicants and follow up on your application. You are also most welcome to contact us for further information.
ZJU-UoE Institute (biomedical Sciences): Ms. YANG at Xinyi_yang@zju.edu.cn, +86 571 87572816
ZJU-UIUC Institute (engineering): Ms.GOU at firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 571 8757 2520
International Business School (Fintech): Ms. ZHU at email@example.com, +86 571 87572366
Campus HR: Ms. Hong, firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 571 87572111;
05 International Campus, Zhejiang University
The International Campus, Zhejiang University is a strategic initiative of ZJU and is a successful model of the open-up endeavor of Chinese higher education. By working closely with world-class universities, bringing together leading scholars, and attracting advanced educational resources, the International Campus has formed two most striking features of “international” and “interdisciplinary”. It has set up 3 leading institutes, namely the ZJU-UoE Institute (jointly with the University of Edinburgh), the ZJU-UIUC Institute (jointly with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), and the Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) and 10 international research centers including the joint center for advanced photonics and the joint center for functional polymers etc. So far, the International Campus has established comprehensive cooperative partnerships with over 30 top universities and research institutes across the world.
The International Campus is endowed with superb work and living conditions with an open and inclusive culture. Above 95% of the faculty have overseas work or study experience and 45% of them are non-Chinese from 14 countries, while more than 20% of the students of the Campus are international students from over 70 countries.
The International Campus is situated in Haining, Zhejiang Province. It is at the heartland of Yangtze River Delta Economic Zone, 100 km to the west of Shanghai and 60 km to the east of Hangzhou (30 mins by inter-city train). With over 3,000 years of history, Haining is rich with culture heritage, and abounds in historic figures and natural beauties. The Haining Tide is famous throughout the world.
For more information, please visit:
ZJU International Campus: https://www.intl.zju.edu.cn/en
ZJU-UoE Institute: http://zje.intl.zju.edu.cn/zje/home/index
ZJU-UIUC Institute: https://zjui.intl.zju.edu.cn/en
ZJU International Business School: http://zibs.zju.edu.cn/eng/
For more information about the Program, please go to nsfc.gov.cn